SOARing to Excellence in all we do
Silver Creek Elementary opened its doors for the first time in August 2006. When the school opened, we set a goal of achieving excellence, both in and out of the classroom. Our school motto is "SOARing to Excellence" and our school mascot is Einstein the Eagle. We currently educate over 600 students annually.
100% of the teachers at Silver Creek are Highly Qualified Teachers, per the No Child Left Behind legislation and 88% of the teachers at Silver Creek have a masters degree or more than one degree in education. The faculty at Silver Creek is committed to providing a high quality, rigorous, meaningful, and exciting education to all students.
We celebrate and recognize students for academic achievement and growth, positive behavior and improvement, effort, and positive character traits and SOARING behavior. Silver Creek Elementary consistently scores at achievement levels higher than the district and state average on PARCC/CMAS Reading, Writing, Math and Science. The percentage of Silver Creek students scoring proficient or advanced on PARCC/CMAS Reading, Writing, Math, and Science increases or remains steady every year.
In the fall of 2016, Silver Creek was Accredited with Distinction (from Colorado Department of Education) for our Academic Excellence. This award was followed up in the spring of 2017, Silver Creek earned the Governor's Distinguished Improvement Award (from Colorado Department of Education) for our Academic Growth on both CMAS and PARCC. Both of these are the results of our students, staff, community and all stakeholders working extremely well together and fostering a caring and learning environment.
Most recently, in the fall of 2018, Silver Creek once again earned the Governor's Distinguised Improvement Award for our Academic Growth. Our students, staff and community continue to strive for excellence and take daily pride in helping our school reach new heights.
Silver Creek Provides
- Technology-based instruction using SmartBoards, iPads, projectors, document cameras, Chromebooks, clickers, Netbooks, Writers, and Kindles to help our students become 21st Century Learners and thinkers.
- PE, Music, and Art classes to all students.
- Differentiated instruction depending on student needs and interests.
- An Imagination Station and Learning Lofts for G.T. and Advanced Learners
- Jr. Great Books reading groups for G.T. and Advanced Learners.
- A school-wide Positive Behavior Supports (PBS) to help students work toward meeting or exceeding behavior goals.
- ESL students support in and out of the classroom as they acquire English Language skills.
- Opportunities for students to learn, grow, and become positive citizens of the community and world.
- A host of extra curricular activities available to our students which extend learning beyond the classroom.
- Yearly opportunities for students to be identified as G.T.
Monthly meal calendars in a downloadable and print friendly format and extensive nutrition information for each meal can be found on the Adams 12 Five Star Schools District website. Check the Adams 12 school meals page for more information. Effective December 1, 2014, Nutrition Services will waive the convenience fee to our parents using the PayForIt system (our on-line payment system) www.payforit.net. This will include all on-line payments made for Nutrition Services/BASE. Families may be eligible for free or reduced price meals , to apply quickly and easily please go to www.myschoolapps.com